Dear Northfield Country Club members and friends:
I’d like to wish you all a happy holiday season and let you know a bit about myself and some of the exciting changes we are working on implementing in 2019.
As most of you know, I have worked at NCC as the Food and Beverage manager for the last several years while pursuing my Business Management degree at Norwich University. However, my connection to NCC runs much deeper than that. I grew up next door to the course, played on the high school girls golf team and have been part of the staff for the last 5 years. Northfield Country Club has been a part of my life for a long time and holds a special place in my heart.
As the new General Manager, my goal is to make NCC successful and sustainable. In order to do that we need to know what you want from the club. In the coming months, I will be reaching out to as many members and friends of the club as possible looking for input. In the meantime, here are some of the ideas that we are looking at in order to make your experience at NCC more enjoyable.
- We will have a ranger/beer cart on the course during our peak times, Friday through Sunday, starting in the beginning of the year. I have been listening to your comments over the last few years, so I want to improve the pace of play. I know that your time is valuable, and we appreciate the fact that you choose to spend it with us. My job is to make sure it’s as enjoyable as possible.
- Member discounts on purchases in the bar, kitchen and pro shop. Your membership means something to us and we want to make sure there is value in it for you.
- Creating member accounts that will enable you to make purchases and track pro shop credit in an easy and convenient manner.
- Online tee time reservations. Our goal is to make it as convenient as possible for you to enjoy your time at NCC. Being able to reserve your preferred tee time online will allow you to do this when it is convenient for you.
- Updating our website. Our website is an important method of communicating with our members and the golf community at large. In some ways, it is the face of our course and as such it needs to be accessible and provide up to date information.
- Communicate with our members and friends on a regular basis. We know it can be difficult for members and guests to keep track of all of the events, tournaments and happenings at the club. Our plan is to publicize these events on a regular basis in order for you to be able to fully enjoy your membership.
This list is by no means comprehensive. We have ideas to improve the tournament formats and scheduling, different types of leagues and many other ideas but we need to hear what you want. As I noted above, over the coming months, I will be reaching out to as many of you as I can. If you don’t hear from me, please feel free to contact me at Northfieldcc@icloud.com!
As the new General Manager, I am looking forward to tackling the challenges before us. Northfield Country Club has given me the opportunity to put my education and training into practice at a place I hold dear. I hope you too can find a special place in your heart for NCC and help me keep NCC the special place it is.